Modern Industry 4.0 use cases calls for complementing solutions
- Machine Learning (ML) & Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Most ML and AI use cases need some streaming analytics at the edge, close to where the data is generated. These algorithms need to analyze and act upon data within milliseconds.
- Machine to machine communication (M2M)
Many ML use cases is about real-time machine to machine communication. Where data from one machine is analyzed to address actions to another machine in the network. These algorithms also need to analyze and act upon data within milliseconds.
- New data-types (audio & video sensors)
The PI System is compliant with most legacy and common protocols and data sources. But new and advanced technologies like vision and audio often requires edge analytics solutions to function.
- Intelligent Integrations
Smart integrations of real-time data flows, processing the data on its way from source to destination, often requires edge analytics capabilities.
- Smart data reduction
In combination with advanced rules and algorithms (including ML) to detect anomalies reduce the machine data volume.
Intelligent Real-Time Integration on the Shop-floor
- Factory floor integration. Real-time event based integration between assets not connected to the OT system (machine-to-machine, tools and assets etc)
- Data demarcation. It is not uncommon that site-owners have multiple machine builders asking for access to their sensor tags. Edge solutions with smart and easy-to-use tag management and tag separation can empower the site-owner to control what data to send to which machine supplier.
- Enhanced security. Edge processing eliminates the need to transmit critical IoT data across the network, reducing security infrastructure requirements, risk minimization efforts, and regulatory compliance costs.
- Bypassing unnecessary cloud services. Edge software is ideal for integrating data directly into designated cloud services and cloud analytic solutions. Bypassing unnecessary services and save cloud costs.
- Reliability. Edge processing is designed to operate even if the internet connectivity is scarce or even disrupted.
Add Smartness with Crosser
Crosser Edge Node
Crosser Flow Studio
The Flow Studio is built to simplify the testing and qualification phase for ML and AI projects. Using either data generators or real-life machine data for testing.
The Crosser Universal Connector is a great tool for creating reusable connectors to any cloud based system or service using REST-API:s. The wizard enables anyone in the organisation to contribute to a custom library of easy to use, high functionality connectors.