Another common IoT scenario is anomaly detection within a machine, device or process. These detections often trigger various actions, such as notifications, systems updates, machine execution updates and manual work orders.
In this example, the anomaly detection notifies a software engineer and updates the maintenance system with a work order:
- Use algorithms to identify unexpected or abnormal data signatures
- From simple threshold conditions to machine learning
- Define triggers based on data to initiate actions, locally or externally, e.g:
- Trigger an action or change in another machine
- Notify an engineer 6. Initiate a work order in an ERP system
Introduction to Anomaly Detection at the Edge
Free on-demand webinar
Introduction to applying Anomaly Detection at the Edge. During this 30 min session, Crosser CTO, Goran Appelquist Ph.D. will introduce you to designing a functional IOT data flow for industrial usage within Crosser Flow Studio.