Data collection and usage analysis for remote condition monitoring. The main objective of the digitalization project is to change the business model to machine-as-a-service and charge for usage and consumables instead of one-time payment and service agreements.
Machines are getting a new gateway installed and have local ethernet connectivity with 3G/4G fallback. Expected bandwidth constraints for customers in South America, Asia, and Africa drive the demand for small updates and filtering. Mainly standard protocols (Profinet/Profibus).
Streaming Analytics for the connected assets
- Run cycles and stops (expected / unexpected)
- Consumables (Usage)
Send notifications and updates to service engineers and manufacturers
- Notify Manufacturer when service and maintenance actions should be initiated
- Personified notifications due to competence and geographical presences/responsibility
- Enhanced security requirements due to the risk of patent theft and IP replication
Crosser Node deployed in the machine gateway:
- Deploying run cycle algorithm and stops detection data flow
- Deploying Consumables algorithm and connecting to the customer data center
- A gateway connected to end-user wifi with 3G/4G fallback o Standard security setup with certificate and TLS
- Deploy SMS notification data flow for designated service technicians
- Customer organization set up with roles