Crosser is a start-up that designs and develops the industry’s first pure-play realtime software solution for Edge Streaming Analytics.
The Crosser Streaming Analytics solution offloads Cloud services, provides real-time analytic and decision making capabilities close to IoT sensors and IoT devices. This substantially reduces Cloud services cost and bandwidth costs and gives a millisecond response time on data streams for real-time local actions.
The software is ideally suited for Enterprise customers of various industries and applications including industrial IoT, healthcare, smart buildings and smart cities.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
The Crosser software solution consists of two parts. The first is the Edge node, which is a distributed software platform for processing data close to the sources, such as industrial machines. The second part is a multi-tenant cloud service hosted on Azure and is used by our customers to build processing flows for edge streaming analytics and to orchestrate their edge nodes. The Edge node and the back-end for the cloud service is built on .NET Core and the cloud front-end is built with VueJs. Databases used are PostgreSQL, Redis and InfluxDB.
The following are the key responsibilities of the position:
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Improve and manage the automated testing infrastructure
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Provide level 2 support
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
The position does not include budget responsibility nor direct personnel responsibility.
The QA engineering role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs.
You are used to take own initiatives and responsibility for your work. You shall be able to work on your own while at the same time encourage collaboration within and across different departments.
The main requirements of the position are as follows:
- Relevant academic degree of at least Bachelor’s level.
- Full professional proficiency (speaking, reading, and writing) in Swedish and English.
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Good knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Good knowledge of installing and running software on Linux.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL
- Solid knowledge of scripting
- Knowledge of CI/CD models and modelling tools (updated)
- Positive and solution oriented personality that maintains a good team spirit
In addition, these areas are meriting for the position:
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- Experience of Azure, AWS or Google cloud services
- Experience of containerized deployments, such as Docker
- Experience of orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes and TerraForm
- Experience of installing and running software in Windows environments.
Examples to understand the position
The Day-to-Day (example)
- Develop and implement QA methodologies, processes and documentation
- Develop and maintain test plans, test scripts and test results
- Define automation test strategy, creation of automation frameworks, and automation scripting for both internal facing applications/tools
- Understand high-level data warehousing requirements of the business
- Work closely with data architect and analytics team to understand system and business requirements
- Perform System, Functional and Integration testing as well as Performance testing where appropriate
- Work with Product managers and Users during UAT
- Work with cross functional team to understand the business and technical requirements of applications
- Facilitate conversations to resolve any testing quality issues with architects and the development team to closure of issues with consensus.
- How do I apply?
Once you’ve found what you’re looking for, simply fill the form on the right and hit the “Apply” button and you’re on your way.- What documents should I send with my application?
We need your CV and cover letter. If the ad is in English, please send us the documents either in English or Swedish.- Is it OK to apply for several different positions?
Yes, that is fine with us. However, we recommend that you adjust your CV and letter for the specific position since this gives you a better chance of explaining why you are the right person for the job.- I just sent in my application, when do I hear from you?
We read all applications, and you will always hear back from us within 24 hours.