Big Data Glossary
What is Python?
Definition of Python
What is Python?
Python is a high-level, interpreted programming language that is widely used in various fields such as web development, scientific computing, data analysis, and artificial intelligence. It is known for its simple and easy-to-learn syntax, which makes it a popular choice for beginners and experienced programmers alike.
Python has several key features including:
- Dynamic and strongly typed: Python is a dynamically typed language, which means that the type of a variable is determined at runtime. It also supports several data types such as integers, strings, lists, and dictionaries.
- Object-oriented programming: Python supports object-oriented programming, which allows developers to create reusable and modular code.
- Large and active community: Python has a large and active community, which provides support and a wealth of libraries and frameworks.
- Cross-platform: Python can run on various operating systems such as Windows, Mac, and Linux, making it a versatile and portable language.
Python has a wide range of libraries and frameworks that can be used for specific tasks such as web development, data analysis, machine learning, and natural language processing. Some popular libraries and frameworks include NumPy, pandas, scikit-learn, and TensorFlow.
Python is easy to learn and understand, and it's known for its readability and concise syntax. It is widely used in the industry and academia, and continues to be one of the most popular programming languages today.
The All-in-One Platform for Modern Integration
Crosser is a hybrid-first platform that in one Low-code platform has all the capabilities that you traditionally would need several systems for.
In one easy-to-use platform:
- Event Processing
- Data Ingestion & Integration
- Streaming ETL
- Batch ETL/ELT
- Reverse ETL - bidirectional
- Stream Analytics
- Inference of AI/ML models
- Automation Workflows
Crosser Solution for Data Mining
Explore the key features of the platform here →
Want to learn more about how Crosser could help you and your team to:
- Build and deploy data pipelines faster
- Save cloud cost
- Reduce use of critical resources
- Simplify your data stack